Hale Street Center is a unique concept to downtown Charleston, WV.
A Message From The Owners (Craig and Chris)
We fell in love with this historical building and have overseen its renovations to provide a romantic, convenient, modern space for your magical event! We are so thankful and happy that our building is a spot where so many wonderful and everlasting memories will be made. If you decide to book with us, we will do our best to make your dream event come true. We believe in straight forward and clear communication with our clients. We understand that planning an event can be stressful, and our goal is to help relieve some of that stress and put everyone at ease. Rest assured that kindness and attention to detail are important to us. We cannot wait to help plan and host your special event!
When you refer 5 paying clients to Hale Street Center, you will receive a $250 Amazon Gift Card. When you refer an additional 5 paying clients (10 total) to Hale Street Center, you will receive a fully catered party/event at our venue for up to 50 people. WOW!!!
When you refer someone to us, have the person you are sending give us your name (and we have somewhere on our intake data sheets for them to give us this information as well). The referred client must give us your name for it to be counted. Once you have referred the 10 paying clients to us, the program will reset and you can start over! Win, win!!!!
P.S. Please remember that all repeat clients get a 10% discount on all future bookings.
Hale Street Center is truly a place
where you can
Work, Shop, Play and Create!
Work – Book a space for a meeting, seminar, or corporate retreat.
Shop – Conveniently located in downtown Charleston, great food, drinks and shopping spots are located within walking distance to our space.
Play – Multiple event spaces available for weddings, receptions and all your party needs.
Create – Book a space for a photo shoot, an art display, a cake testing, a pop-up shop or anything else you can come up with.
If you can create it, we can host it.
Hale Street Center Added Value Just For Booking With Us:
- Exclusive access to the venue when booking the entire building.
- Four (4) temperature controlled ADA accessible floors. We are a year round event venue.
- Tables and chairs for seating up to 150 people.
- Weddings and receptions up to 150 people.
- Caterer’s prep kitchen.
- Bridal suite with private bridal room, bridesmaids area, makeup vanities, full length mirrors, elegant modern seating, private bathroom, bar area, Bluetooth speaker, full size refrigerator, coffee maker, and kitchenette.
- Groom suite with city views, bar area, mini refrigerator, coffee maker, Bluetooth speaker, full length mirrors, elegant modern seating, and private bathroom.
- Portable bar table.
- Access to Custom Archway or Sweet Heart Canopy.
- Building wide Wi-Fi.
- Color changing LED lighting.
- Semi-private lounge type seating.
- Convenient location to street parking and parking garages.
- Within minutes – walking distance to downtown hotels, bars, and restaurants.
- Downtown location makes hotel shuttle drop-off and pickup quick and easy.
- You may use our facility for engagement photos at no charge.
- Access to in-house wedding planner or day-of coordinator.
- Flexible payment plans.
- Unique, professional, upscale celebration venue.
Hale Street Center Instructions and Policies
Showings and Reservations
Showings and Reservations can be made by contacting Hale Street Center via www.facebook.com/HaleStreetCenter/, www.theknot.com, www.halestreetcenter.com, calling or texting (304) 984-6880 or by emailing [email protected]. If you are interested in seeing our wonderful space, please do not hesitate to contact us. Showings can occur Monday to Friday between 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. or on the weekends or evenings upon request. We ask that all showings be scheduled in advance.
General Rental Times
Rental of the facility for all events other than receptions/weddings shall include two (2) hours of set-up immediately prior to the time of the event, three (3) hours for the event and one (1) hour of clean-up immediately after the event.
Chairs and Tables
For weddings/receptions, chairs and tables are included within the rental fee up to 150 people.
For smaller parties and showers, chairs, tables, and white tablecloths are included within the rental fee.
Clients are responsible for examining the premises upon arrival and notifying Hale Street Center of any issues. If Hale Street Center isn’t notified of any issues immediately after arrival, Clients waive any right of recovery or defense arising out of said issues.
Clients are subject to a cleaning fee. The cleaning charge varies according to the event. Please contact Hale Street Center for me details.
If you require security personnel, arrangements can be made through Hale Street Center. Please note there is an extra charge if security personnel is needed.
Advertising and Promotion
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked before leaving.
- Make sure that all guests have exited the building.
- Remove all leftover food and beverages.
- Make sure all trash is bagged and put in the designated area.
- Make sure to turn off all lights.
- Make sure that all appliances are turned off.
- Make sure that the dishwasher and sink is clean and clear of all dishes.
- No smoking or vaping is allowed in Hale Street Center.
- Hale Street Center is a gun free building. No guns are permitted on the premises.
- Please do not drag furniture across the floor. It can cause damage and you will be held responsible for all damage.
- Please do not pull coolers across the floor as it will cause damage. All coolers must be placed on a protective surface and not placed directly on the floor.
- Pets are strictly prohibited unless prior arrangements have been made.
- No nails or anything that may damage the walls is prohibited. The only adhesive material permitted is drafting tape. Please clear your decorating plans with Hale Street Center in advance.
- No illegal drugs are permitted at Hale Street Center. Hale Street Center is a drug-free facility.
- Any use of candles, except for a unity candle or something similar as part of a ceremony, is prohibited.
- Fireworks, sparklers, spray strings, glitter bombs, and fog machines are not permitted.
- Please do not adjust the thermostats.
- Painting on the premises is prohibited. If an item needs painted, please make sure it is painted prior to bringing it to Hale Street Center.
Come visit us!
Thinking about booking Hale Street Center for your event? We’d welcome the opportunity to give you a tour and answer all of your questions. We can’t wait to meet you and show you our amazing celebration venue!